Home & School
Welcome to our Home & School Page
The Home & School Association is an essential part of Our Lady of Grace. We work with the administration, staff and parents to enhance your child’s school experience.
What do we do?
For the Students & Parents, the HSA provides:
- Amazing programs to promote cultural awareness and diversity, musical enrichment and fun ways to approach traditional subjects like Science & Math.
- Snacks and drinks for special events like Spirit Day, the Walk-a-thon, dances, HSA meetings and during Catholic Schools Week, our popular Grandparent’s Bingo and the Student’s Luncheon.
- Two $1,000 Catholic high school scholarships to the winners of our 8th grade essay contest (families must be HSA members for their children to participate).
- A $390 tuition raffle at each of our three general HSA meetings (you must be present to win!)
For the Teachers, the HSA provides:
- Teacher of the Month gift cards.
- $4 of every membership supports our teachers in workshops that keep the faculty fully accredited in accordance with PA standards.
- Start-up money for the teachers to outfit their classrooms each September.
- Funds for “wish list” items at the end of each school year.
For the School, the HSA has provided funds for the following:
- Installation of carpeting in the school chapel.
- Security cameras throughout the school and parking lots.
- Spelling City and IXL Learning Programs
- Reading carts
- Reading Olympics books and t-shirts
- DARE graduation t-shirts
- We provide gowns for both Confirmation and 8th Grade Graduation.
How do we pay for it?
The HSA relies on each family’s membership fee of $20, at the start of each school year, to help jumpstart our efforts.
We also bring in money through successful fundraising efforts.
- Kids’ Stuff book (coupon books which are distributed at the start of school)
- Tuition Raffle (take a chance to win money toward your child’s tuition; raffle takes place at Back-to-School Night.)
- Yankee Candle (candles, gifts, and wrapping paper)
- World’s Finest Chocolate Bars (candy sale)
- Adult Bowling Night (Adult night for bowling, food and fun)
- Family Bingo (A night out for the family to have fun playing Bingo)
- Lucky Draw Raffle (based on the PA lottery drawing)
- Giant Supermarket: Sign up at www.giantfoodstores.com/aplus to register your BONUS CARD number and by choosing Our Lady of Grace School.
- Box Tops (our school earns $.10 for each Box Top submitted) BOX TOP SHEETS
- School Store: show your OLG pride by stopping by our online school store at https://ssastores.com and search for Our Lady of Grace School.
How can you help?
- Membership dues ($20) should be paid as early as possible at the start of the school year.
- Although fundraising is still optional for our families, we do encourage participation when possible.
President: Michael Delfin (email@example.com)
Vice-President: Jessica Phinn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Treasurer: Kelly Goodwin ( email@example.com)
Secretary: Kimberly Seslar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Programs: Karla McBeth (email@example.com)
Special Events & Fundraising:
Michelle Beck (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Trish Jurgens (Trishjurgens@outlook.com)
Maren Winkis (email@example.com)
Lottery: Amber Lucas (firstname.lastname@example.org)